Encoder ETx25F with 3D Hall for flange mounting
Rotary encoder with 14.5 mm housing depth for flange mounting, in single- or programmable multiturn variants, with wide variety of electronics as well as software options
- As single- or programmable multiturn encoder
- 3D Hall µProcessor with digital signal processing
- Analogue, incremental or SER, SPI interfaces
- Low housing depth (14.8 mm)
- Flange mounting
- High variety of options and variants
- Developed and manufactured in Germany
|Resolution||Incremental ≥ 1000 ppr., Absolute 12 bit, Absolute 14 bit|
|Functions / Features||Without mech. stop, Customer programmable|
|Output signal||Analog, Serial, Incremental, PWM|
|Protection class||Up to IP55|
|Sensor technology||Hall Effect Encoder|
|Shaft diameter||6.00 mm, 6.35 mm|
|Housing diameter||23.5 mm|
|Electrical connection||Axial, Strands, Cable|
|Effective electrical angle of rotation||0...10° up to 0...72000°|
|Housing depth||14.8 mm|
ETx25F encoders are used for reliable angle measurement with a hardened and tempered sleeve bearing made of metal: as singleturn variant (360°) with analogue, PWM, incremental, SER or SPI output or as multiturn variant (up to 72000°) with analogue output. ETx25F can be used up to medium environmental requirements (from shaft side max. IP55M/IP66S).
Like all encoders of the ETx25 class, the ETx25F family is part of this sensor platform. What theses rotary encoders have in common is the non-contact angle measurement, the high reliability, the long lifespan and the independent linearity of up to ±0.3% for singleturn and ±0.05% @3600° for multiturn variants.
The ETx25F flange encoder in Ø23.5 mm housing and 14.8 mm depth is fastened by means of two pieces of M3 screws (screws not included). To protect against ingress of liquid and dust between the mounting panel and the encoder an O-ring is also included in the scope of delivery if chosen option D for protection grade up to IP55M/IP66S. Electrical connection options like round or flat ribbon cable complete the profile.
The ETA25F PM is a multiturn encoder. It is factory programmed to an effective electrical angle of rotation of 10 turns = 3600°. On request, other user-defined effective electrical angles of rotation can be ordered as an option or it can be programmed by the user itself (up to 72000°).
For a quick, safe and easy user programming of the ETA25F PM, MEGATRON recommends the optional available programming device PRO. The programming device is needed only once. With the programming device any number of ETA25F PM rotary encoders can be programmed. The user-supported programming is also possible by creating an external circuit. How the external circuit shall be built is described in the programming guide.
It can be chosen between following electronics:
- ETA25F absolute encoder (ETA25F X redundant version): Provides an absolute analogue signal with 12 bit resolution. For safety and critical applications the ETA25F X offers galvanically isolated and redundant electronics.
- ETP25F absolute analogue encoder: Pulswidth output (PWM).
- ETI25F incremental encoder: With up to 1024 pulses / per revolution and availability of following output signals: TTL, Push-Pull or Open Collector.
- ETS25F absolute encoder with digital output: 12 bits resolution with SER interface and in 14 bits resolution with SPI interface.
- ETP25F PM multiturn encoder with analogue output, direct programmable on site: Only one device for different angles of rotation, sense of rotation. Only one angle encoder device for different requirements is needed, which can be programmed almost as often as required. The ETA25K PM measures angles from 0…10° up to 0...72000° (absolute). The encoders are therefore also suitable for angles under 360° in singleturn applications that are to be programmed.
The modular design of the ETx25F family offers the possibility to choose between different electronic variants with different voltage supplies as well as electrical interfaces. For example as interfaces it can be chosen between current and voltage outputs, SER / SPI, incremental or PWM outputs. The large number of standard variants can be also adapted or expanded with customer-specific solutions. As a result, hundreds of possible combinations can be ordered. Popular options are for example, the change of the sense of rotation from CW (clockwise) in CCW (counterclockwise), user-defined rotation angles.