Extremely robust encoder FHx58
Certified resistance to detergents and disinfectants, hygienic construction. Salt spray resistant IP67+IP69k housing for high pressure/steam jet cleaning
- Ideal for the food and pharmaceutical industries, perfect for offshore applications
- As absolute encoder (Hall sensor) up to 16 bit singleturn / 43 bit multiturn
- Battery and gearless multiturn (energy harvesting)
- CANopen, CAN SAE J1939, SSI Gray/Binary
- As optoelectronic incremental encoder up to 25000 ppr.
|Resolution||max. 16 bit (singleturn), 43 bit (multiturn) / max. 25.000 ppr.|
|Functions / Features||Without mech. stop, True Power ON, Teach-In function, Metal housing|
|Output signal||CANopen, CAN SAE J1939, Incremental, SSI|
|Protection class||Up to IP69K|
|Sensor technology||3D Hall or optoelectronical|
|Shaft diameter||10.00 mm|
|Housing diameter||58 mm|
|Electrical connection||Axial, Radial, Cable|
|Effective electrical angle of rotation||max. 3.2·10^15 Degrees (multiturn resolution max. 43 bit)|
|Housing depth||min. 42 mm / max. 53 mm|
The FHx58 family is ideal for use in the food, pharmaceutical and offshore industries.
FHx58 encoders are available in two sensor technologies:
- Optoelectronic: incremental encoder (FHI58)
- Hall effect: absolute encoder (FHB58 & FHS58)
The high quality mechanical encoder design is independent of the installed sensor technology. High quality ball bearings support shaft loads of up to 100 N. Dead space free sealing and bearing elements ensure smooth shaft operation and prevent ingress of contaminants. The FHx58 can be cleaned with high pressure and steam jets (IP67/P69k). The stainless steel encoder body, which has a special surface treatment, combined with PTFE and TPE sealing elements, allows the FHx58 to be used in applications with high hygiene requirements. In particular, this design allows the FHx58 to be used in saline environments or to be cleaned with cleaning fluids containing acids and chemicals.
Not only the housing and mechanics of the encoders, but also the built-in electronics are of the highest quality, thanks to the use of long-life components. FHx58 encoders are designed for an average lifetime of at least 20 years of operation, and some electronics have a Mean Time to Failure (MTTF) of up to 1000 years.
- Salt spray resistant encoder housing according to DIN EN60068-2-11
- ECOLAB certified design for high resistance to cleaning agents and disinfectants
- EHEDG approved hygienic design
- IP67+IP69k for high pressure/steam jet cleaning