Hand Joystick Series 891
Large, multifunctional heavy-duty hand joystick of the highest quality with cobra knob
- Ergonomic cobra-shaped handle for ergonomic control of complex machines
- Conductive plastic potentiometers or Hall sensors (both also available as redundant versions) as the ideal solution for your electronics
- Outstanding quality of mechanics and sensors for long-term, reliable operation
- Various configuration options for rockers, switches, latching positions and micro switches to meet safety-critical requirements
- Available with spring return to center position or with friction brake
- Feel of the x and y axes can be adjusted separately for optimization on special applications
- Special version with fully rotatable cobra knob available
- Degree of protection up to IP65 (above the panel, depending on configuration)
|Technology||Hall-Effect or Potentiometric|
|Axes||≥ 4, 3, 2, 1|
|Return Mechanism||Friction Clutch, Spring Return|
|Housing depth under panel||≤ 60 mm|
The large handgrip joysticks of the 891 series with cobra handle were specially developed for the multi-axis control of machines in tough, demanding environments, where the highest requirements on quality and feel need to be fulfilled and where many additional functions are required. The joysticks 891 are a guarantee for success in these demanding applications.
Often the return behavior and spring strength must be configured separately for each direction of movement of the joystick in order to meet the requirements of the application. In the 891 series, the axis mechanics are made of metal and the axes are made of separate shafts for the x, y axes. Therefore, sensors and behavior of the two main axes can be strongly configured independently of each other:
- The handle can either be configured with a spring return to the center position (different spring strengths available) or the handle remains in position ensured by a friction brake
- Optionally, locking positions (for x- and y-axis) can be realized in the center position, so that the user feels that the middle position has been reached. The feel can be ideally matched to the application.
The joystick design can be individualized for the application through specific functional configurations with mini-joysticks, rockers, dead man's switch, buttons above and below the joystick head. As an option, several axis rockers can be installed, which means that the joystick can be equipped with a large number of degrees of freedom. The ergonomic design of the Cobra knob ensures that the additional functions are accessible. When ordering a special variant, the entire handle can be rotated as a third main axis.
For safety-critical applications, dead man switches can also be integrated in the handle and micro switches for detection of the operating status can be ordered, which switch at a position specified by the customer when the x and y axes are deflected. Redundant switching options are also possible. The following micro switches are often installed:
- Center position detection switch (for x and y axes)
- Switch for detection of the deflection by 5 °, 10 ° or 15 ° (for x and y axis)
The main sensors for measuring the angular position of the knob are usually designed as potentiometers, since they are passive components and are immune to EMC issues. However, Hall sensors are also available as an option, which have the advantage of the contactless measuring principle and therefore show only minimal drift of the output signal over many years of operation. All sensors are also available as redundant versions.