Finger Joystick 842
Robust potentiometric joystick in a variety of designs - compact but flexible
- Very robust potentiometric finger joystick with metal mechanics
- Wide range of handles
- Degree of protection up to IP65 above panel
- Inherently robust towards electromagnetic interference
- Custom versions possible with friction brake for one axis, spring return for the second axis
- Microswitches for detecting the central position/deflection optional
- Customer-specific billet shapes, bellows and sensors on request
|Axes||1, 2, 3|
|Output interface||Analogue voltage output|
|Return Mechanism||Spring Return, Friction Clutch|
|Housing depth under panel||31...≤40 mm|
|Number of Pushbuttons||0, 1, 2|
|Sealing above panel||Dust and spray water protection (IP54 or better), Dust and water tight (IP65 or better)|
|Limiter plate||Square, Slotted y direction (1 axis)|
Inherently RFI/EMC immune and most flexible in its class
The joysticks of the series 842 exhibit properties, which are normally found in bigger joystick models only, even though it is a very compact finger joystick. Particularly worth mentioning is the possibility to configure the three axes independently and the option for a friction clutch in x and/or y-axis.
The series is equipped with potentiometers, because potentiometers are still the best choice if EMI/RFI resistance requirements are very high. The joysticks are available with up to 3 axes, and exhibit a robust mechanical metal mechanism. This way the return properties of the x and y-axis can be changed by e.g. using a stronger or weaker spring, or by using a friction clutch.
Due to the variety of handle shapes, the optimum product can be selected for the application. A special feature is the option for micro switches, if the open frame version is chosen.
- Potentiometer in rail-to-rail configuration (full angle) or with partial angle output are available
- Alternative to Hall effect joysticks due to inherent immunity to electromagnetic interference