Finger Joystick 842
Robust potentiometric joystick in a variety of designs - compact but flexible
- Very robust potentiometric finger joystick with metal mechanics
- Wide range of handles
- Protection up to IP65 above panel
- Inherently robust towards electromagnetic interference
- Custom versions possible with friction brake for one axis, spring return for the second axis
- Microswitches for detecting the central position/deflection optional
- Customer-specific billet shapes, bellows and sensors on request
|Axes||1, 2, 3|
|Output interface||Analogue voltage output|
|Return Mechanism||Spring Return, Friction Clutch|
|Housing depth under panel||31...≤40 mm|
|Number of Pushbuttons||0, 1, 2|
|Sealing above panel||Dust and spray water protection (IP54 or better), Dust and water tight (IP65 or better)|
|Limiter plate||Square, Slotted y direction (1 axis)|
Inherently RFI/EMC immune and most flexible in its class
The 842 series joysticks offer features normally found only in larger joystick models, despite being a very compact finger joystick. Of particular note is the ability to configure the three axes independently and the option of a friction clutch in the X and/or Y axis.
The series is equipped with potentiometers, as potentiometers are still the best choice when EMI/RFI resistance requirements are very high. The joysticks are available with up to 3 axes and feature a robust metal mechanical mechanism. This allows the return characteristics of the X and Y axes to be varied, for example by using a stronger or weaker spring or by using a friction clutch.
The variety of handle shapes allows the optimum product to be selected for the application. A special feature is the option for microswitches when the open frame version is selected.
- Potentiometers available in rail-to-rail configuration (full angle) or with partial angle output
- Alternative to Hall effect joysticks due to inherent immunity to electromagnetic interference